Friday, September 26, 2008

How the iPod Touch is similar to the Amazon Kindle

My husband and I are complete opposites when it comes to books. I love to read and hate for anyone to read to me. My husband prefers audiobooks and loves to have someone read to him. He just can’t understand the thrill I get downloading a new bestseller to my Amazon Kindle.

This last week we purchased my husband an iPod Touch and have been downloading podcasts and music for him to listen to on the trip we are taking next week. I’m finally able to drag my (technologically challenged) husband into the 21st century (but he downloaded Old Time Radio Classics from the 1940s and 1950s, so I think we regressed by about fifty years).


Purchasing the iPod Touch has made me realize the similarities that this MP3 player has with the Amazon Kindle. With the Kindle, I can purchase and download books straight from Amazon in just a couple of minutes. With the iPod Touch, my husband can purchase and download podcasts and music straight from iTunes in just a couple of minutes. We can both search the Internet (even though the iPod Touch is way cooler with this feature). We can both listen to music with our devices.

So, I guess, my husband and I (also the Kindle and the Touch) are more alike than I thought.

Teri

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I,m a 73 year old tech freak, and I have both of these gadgets. I love the Kindle, mostly for the same reasons you have mentioned. Also, it hooks up anywhere there is "whispernet" service.

The ipod touch also is a book reader using an app called Stanza. It also plays some very entertaining games to kill time with. The web browser is very good, but you must be in range of a wi-fi internet connection.